19 February 2009

My Exercises In Style

Exercises in Style was written by Raymond Queneau after years of writing the same inconsequential story of a confrontation on a bus and a chance second encounter in different styles. From blurbs to police reports, removing certain letters, and using only onomatopoeia, he ended up with 99 of them.

Matt Madden, inspired by Queneau, did the same thing with graphic novels. Taking the same inconsequential story and illustrating it in 99 different styles, from newspaper humour, to film noir, to monologue, to switching round the images.






Oh and it would be really nice and sweet if people could link me in to their blogs or whatever. My readership has been going up by five to ten a day for the last few months but I don't get any recognition unless people reference stuff on the blog and link to it or just put me in their sidebar with a link to here. Like I've done to the right. Don't worry, it'll be reciprocated if you do, and if you do I will know. James Allen does it all the time. Great guy. Always said so. Powerful stride.

No comments:

Blog Archive